Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Best of the fleet?... NOT so fast......

Sail Date: December 17, 2011

This was a Eastern Caribbean 7 day with several days at sea. We had three families a total of 12 people. Crew outside of sate room attendant not very helpful and apathetic. One crew member in particular was rude to our group on at least two different occasions. This individual should never interact with the public and she was the handler of the "Special Characters".

Several Crew obviously not happy with what they are doing. Complaining in front of customers about other customers.
Food hours a little off considering when some of the docking and departing times were. Food selection not the best.

This was the Flagship... The service and organization seemed off and not worthy of a Flagship. I can honestly say it seemed like all the bad crew was sent here right before being fired....

I am not a needy person asking for outlandish help. In one case we were trying to purchase an additional service but the person responsible to work it was not at the booth. We saw an employee with two gold bars and asked her. She told us to call some number on the phone next to the desk. It sent us to that Workstations Voice-mail. I almost set them up an interesting outgoing Message but I thought better of it.

Simply put, I will sail any other line before I go back to Royal Caribbean. Oasis and Royal Caribbean needs to refocus on why they are there....

Pros: Several things to do on board

Cons: Crew, Food, Service

Recommends Oasis of the Seas? No.

Main Dining OK. Non up-charge food... not the greatest and not the best hours or service. Selection did not vary much and I heard multiple passengers openly complaining about food, variety and service. Food did not seem very hot in buffet.
Shows were nice.
Our room attendant.. great. Other attendants and employees openly complaining about passengers and jobs. Crew not very interested in the guest experience. Some were rude. Others could not be bothered to help with simple things. 35% Bad/Poor Attitude, 55% Timid or Apathetic. 10% decent or great crew.
In great shape. Well maintained.
State Room was clean, functioning with a good amount of storage.