Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A nice ship with lousy food

Sail Date: July 23, 2011

1. The ship is marvelous, the entertainment is excellent. the waiters are
working hard to please the customers; but not all of them are well qualified.
Probably because it is a new ship and it is hard for the company to find that
many qualified stuff members.

2. some of the food is not that fresh, such as scollop; most of the soups are so
salty to swallow; the chef apparently do not know how to cook the Pork medallion and beef dishes, the lamb screw looks so ugly and taste horrible; the lobster is over cooked; The stroganoff is even much worse than the one the school cafeteria does, the beef inside is hard to chew.
3. the customer service is a nightmare, you have to wait longtime in a line. I
was trying to pay off my account using my credit card at 1:30am at the departure date, they asked me to sign a paper that authorized the Company to charge my credit card without the amount. i.e. I need to authorize them to charge any amount. I simply want to sign a receipt with an exact pay off amount. A Haitian customer service person first indicated that every customer needs to sign it since it is company's policy, and then a huge indian guy, (he said he is a vice supervisor), told me that if I want to pay off the account, I have to come back in the morning. I asked when exactly I should come since it is already in the morning, (1:30am) and why later time is different than now, he could not give me an exact time nor a reason I need to came back to pay it off. when I checked whether I could talk to his supervisor, he said first that he does not have a supervisor, I was speechless. He later changed the tone that he has a supervisor but s/he is not available......; and he also told me that if I came
back in later time, I had to sign the same paper. what a nightmare!
4. the ports of call are not that good; first port is a Royal Caribbean owned
Haiti park. you would not want to go to a place which is no difference as on the
ship.It is like a set up that you need to continue to spend your money on the
same company.
5. everyone would have known that all foods on board would be inclusive
for a cruise; well not at this one! there are quite a few, more than 5, specialty restaurants require you to pay to dine.
6. the entertainment is excellent, no doubt about it.
7. the sports service stuff are very nice, they know what they do and very
8. the room attendants are good, they did a diligent job to keep everything

Pros: Nice ship

Cons: customer service and the food

Recommends Oasis of the Seas? No.