Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

GREAT CRUISE

Sail Date: April 24, 2010

I made my reservations in advance of the cruise 6 months prior to crusing. During that time, I continued to see more and more pictures of the ship and was amased of what I was about to experience. Well, the cruise day finally came and could not wait to get on board. Long flight from san francisco, but the wait was well worth it. I was very impressed on how organised they were on getting me on the ship. Being on previous ships with many people to get on board, i expected this to be difficult with so many people to get on the ship.NOT the case. I was GREATLY suprised on how I got on the ship so fast. NO long lines. and best of all, when I got on the ship by noon time, I did not have to wait 2-3 hours to get to my cabin and then was totally suprised how fast my luggage there too. By 1:00 pm I had my luggage and my stuff was put away in minutes. I then ventured out to see this fabulous ship. To my amesement, it was not only BIGG, but it was beautiful and impressive. More incredible than all the pic's i saw before getting on board and how unusual things were on board also. All the cruise support people were great, the cruise ship staff and all that greated me were wonderful.. I felt I was home and ready to start my fab, vacation.

When I started to venture out on board, I found one of those electric boards that told me wher i was on the ship and how to get to any place on board. That was great. Other ships I was on was difficult to learn where everything was and how to get there. State of the art information board was terrific.

So many things to see and do on this new ship had my head spinning. Not the ocean movement but how many different places to see and things to do.All the different sections on the ship were unbelieveable. The central park area was great. The prominade area was very impressive. The speclality restaurants were as advertised and the windjammer cafe was impressive. I really like the "kiosk" area where all the food was displayed rather than the usual buffet lines on other ships. The seating areas around that section of the ship was also very confortable and really never too crowded.. The "MY TIME" dining was just perfect. I came to dinner at any time I wanted and the service was perfect as I expected. The back of the ship with the pools, the shows and the two restaurants were great too. Loved the donut shop. What a great idea. ! ! Johnney Rockets was as expected and their service people were wonderful I loved their dancing to some of the old songs playing on the jukebox was a nice tuch.

Another great thing was getting on and off the ship at ports was also impressive. With 6 thousand people aboard, it was a breeze to get off and on.

Two bigg nights I need to comment on. Saturday night was the martigraw presentation on the proninade and the fiftys night presentation later in the week was outstanding ! ! ! The cruise director hosting these presentations was great along with his staff. What GREAT FUN ! ! !

Last but not least, All the peole I went on the cruide with were so impressed that we are already discussing plans when we will take another cruise on the IMPRESSIVE OASIS OF THE SEAS. My travel agent was wonderful and will be hearing from all of us soon to rebook another cruise on this FAB. Cruise ship.

Pros: The Ship was totally impressive. HOw can it n ot be when it is the biggist ship on all the oceans to date.

Cons: Nothing

Recommends Oasis of the Seas? Yes!

Most impressed with all the ships staff. Loved the customer service area but the people there needed to be more understanding of some of the problems rather than say "yes sir" . (only negative i had on board)
Stage shows were GREAT HAir Spray was wonderful
As expected. All the speciality restaurants were fab. Did not have any problems with the "cover charges" WEll worth the money.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
This is my favorite port in all of the carribean. The shopping is always great. The shops reccomended to the people on board were well picked and the prices as advertised. aThis was my 6th time there and loved every moment spent on this island. Bought lots of jewels at great prices.