Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

100% Perfect

Sail Date: April 01, 2010

Oasis of the Seas is top notch! This was my 5th RC cruise and now I'm afraid I won't be able to go on any other ship. Despite more than 5,000 passengers the ship never felt cramped and there was always a place to hang out or stretch out, which I didn't expect. Further, the food was awesome! This was the first cruise I've been on where the food didn't repeat itself over and over in the Windjammer. The additional offerings of the Park Cafe and the specialty restaurants (Izumi ROCKED!!!) also kept things fresh and versatile. In retrospect I wish I hadn't prepaid my gratuities b/c we only ate in the dining room 3 of 7 nights and never for breakfast...but we paid for it. Overall, this was a terrific cruise on a terrific ship. Very international population and a lot of fun. Try the Flowrider, nap in the Solarium pool area, and hit up "twenty" - the outside dance party one of the nights.

Pros: The spaciousness of the ship, the variety of good food, the terrific activities

Cons: Wish there was a pool table and wish they had more IPA/Belgian ales

Recommends Oasis of the Seas? Yes!

I will say that this seems to have changed since my first cruise back in 1991. Used to be that the staff worked hard to actually get to know you and chat with you, but I guess as the times have changed this has as well. People were definitely nice, just not as personal/personable as in years past...
Despite having an inside cabin, it was very large and comfortable.