Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Amazing ship and concept

Sail Date: December 01, 2009

My wife and I just got back from the first 5 day sailing on the Oasis to Labadee and we are already on-line booking another cruise on this amazing ship. We have taken over 20 cruises and this was by far the nicest ship I have been on. What makes this ship special are the innovative concepts like my time dining which lets you plan when you want to eat at the main dining room and gives you a special floor to eat on. We only ate at the main dining room twice because there are so many places to eat but when we did, the room was only half full because you can eat any time between 6:00 and 9:30 p.m. This leads to better and faster service. The neighborhoods are very nice and many times you forget that you are on a ship in the ocean. The central park is beautiful and relaxing (our balcony overlooked it), the promenade is always bustling, and the boardwalk comes complete with free corn dogs and chicken nuggets and a johnny rockets. For those that say that there are too many people on this ship or that it is too large, I found that it seemed less crowded than most cruises I have been on. Some things to know, if you want to see some shows, you should book them on-line ahead of time. They will issue you a virtual ticket on your set sail (room key) card. If you don't have a ticket you can wait outside of the show and they will let you in at show time if there is enough room but they fill up. Hairspray is one of the best live shows I have ever seen on land or sea and is another example of why I love Royal Caribbean. They did not have to book this kind of broad way show and I would still have gone on the cruise but they did and I appreciate it.

Pros: Shows and activities, restaurants, neighborhoods, etc

Cons: short staffed at some of the pay restaurants

Recommends Oasis of the Seas? Yes!