Norwegian Wind (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Cruise Alaska

Sail Date: August 13, 2006

Cabins excellent - good size and very well maintained.
Service in bars sometimes a little slow on delivery, but quick on taking order !
Food - did not like queing, not enough variety and not enough veg. I would also like more areas to make a tea and coffee.
Entertainment good - especially enjoed the nature talks.
The ship itself was very clean, smartly presented, well maintained - very professional embarkation and disemarkation procedures.
The tours off ship were excellent - safe, professional, hugely enjoyalbe becaus eof the knowlageble guides.

Pros: The opportunity to get to places we would not have been able to reach any other way.

Cons: Queing for food

Skagway, Alaska
From here we did kayking to the mouth of the glacier - one of my top ten life experinces - made me want to change my life. Skagway a little too busy - too many cruise ships at once !
Ketchikan, Alaska
We went whale watching here - excellent trip, excellent guide, friendly and informative, clean boat - absolutly great. Go into Abigails for a coffee and apple pie afterwards.
Juneau, Alaska
We went bear watching here - fabulous, trip of a lifetime - if you don't enjoy doing this then it's your fault. Go in the Red Onion saloon - have a beer and leave a dollar behind the bar to ensure your return.
Ketchikan, Alaska