Norwegian Wind (RETIRED) Cruise Review

This was the first cruise for my wife and me. I booked the Norwegian Wind without really knowing anything about the ship or even cruising in general. I primarily chose Norwegian for their new committment to "Freestyle Cruising". I was on vacation and did not want anyone telling me what I had to wear or what time I had to eat. I also liked the idea of variety - watch the early show today and eat late, then tomorrow eat early and go to the late performance. Freestyle Cruising was everything I expected! While I heard a few people complaining about the service, I thought the service was excellent. So you didn't have the same waiter each night and sit with the same people - I for one, enjoyed the variety. On our 7-day cruise, we had the opportunity to eat in each of the restaurants/dining rooms and met a load of new people. I can't imagine cruising any other way.The entertainment was simply phenomenal! What a joy to sit in the Stardust Lounge and be entertained by true professionals. Each night offered something different and after the first show, you looked forward to the next night to see if they could top the previous one; they always did, especially the last night with Smokey Joe's Cafe.Embarkation could not have been easier. We literally walked right on board without the feared long lines and actually received our luggage within an hour or so. I found the storage in our Deluxe Outside Stateroom to be more than adequate. Every space is well thought out and used. I'd like to shoot the engineer who designed the toilet - if it had been rotated slightly to the right, I wouldn't have had to sit side-saddle all week, but my wife did not have the same problem. Obviously they were designed for smaller, shorter people. Once I figured out the red button on the hot water, I didn't have any more trouble with the shower. You can't hold a dance in it, but it was large enough for my 6-foot, 1-inch, 250 pound body.The bars, casinos and other ares were well maintained and very enjoyable. The shopping areas offered a decent selection. I don't like the restriction on no personal alcohol in the room, but that was minor since we spent very little time there anyway.The itinerary was simply fabulous. If you haven't taken the Inside Passage cruise - you just don't know what you are missing. Everywhere you look, it's like a postcard. You could take thousands of pictures and they would all be awesome. I highly recommend this itinerary to anyone. On a side note, I believe that the Wind is one of the largest shipe that can navigate Tracy Arm up to Sawyer Glacier. While I'm sure that Glacier Bay is nice, we really enjoyed the 2 1/2 hour trip up the Tracy Arm. Although it started out cold and rainy, we stayed on the bow for the entire time (once in Tracy Arm), the weather miraculously changed nice.My one complaint is of a personal nature and it deals with disembarkation. This cruise left from Vancouver and many of us had to fly in and out of Seattle. I was told not to schedule a flight home before 1pm, but the last flight with good connections was at 12:45 (what's 15 minutes?). I told the cruise line and they had doubts that I would make it, but assured me that I would be one of the first to disembark. Well, there were 4 buses scheduled from Vancouver to Seattle and I was placed on the 3rd one. We arrived in Seattle at 12:35 and missed my flight by 10-15 minutes. If I had been placed on the first bus, I would have made my flight. This little problem cost me a 3 hour delay getting home. Not a big problem, but one that did not have had to happen.All-in-all, a great cruise on a great ship that I would recommend to everyone.