Norwegian Wind (RETIRED) Cruise Review

We had a wonderful cruise!

We sailed the Wind on December 8. I was attracted by the "exotic" itinerary. Before we went, I did some research. Most of the reviews were poor, so I started with little or low expectations. Sure, the ship was smaller and less grand than most of the newer boats. We were assigned cabin 6007. It was perfectly okay. Everything worked, and we had air-con and our own thermostat. The food was good, and I liked Freestyle dining. The entertainment was good, although the theatre did not have much of an incline, and made viewing less than ideal. The service was comparable to all the other major cruise lines. I did notice a faint smell of sewage mid-ship, but where we were, in the front of the ship was okay. We were blessed with good weather. There were only two days at sea, which gave us extra ports of call, which I consider a bonus. If you are into snorkel or diving, the itinerary is particularly attractive. This was our first cruise with NCL, although we have cruised the other major brands before. This was one of our best cruises so far.