Norwegian Wind (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

An adequate holiday

Sail Date: August 20, 2006

The ship was okay. It was however lacking in some key areas. As a person who has travelled on three other cruises I do have some comparisims. The first thing that we seen when we entereed our stateroom was unfinished bedding. This made the room very uninviting. IE: Bed not made up no linen. Quite tacky. The sofa was in very poor condition very old and because of this we were unable to use it it would have been better if it was one. The mattress cover on the bed was torn. Not very presentable there was no way in my house I would have ever had a guest over and expected them yo sleep on a torn bed. We were expecting a view window not portholes however that is my fault as I did not do my homework and follow up on just what an outside cabin on your ship actually had. See below for balance

Pros: The stateroom staff

Cons: The stateroom condition

See above for initial comments. We had stateroom 5200 and it was bad. I do believe it was a staff stateroom as the cindition of the room was not presented for guests. At least I hope..We did see other staterooms of our companions and I must say ours was by far the worst stateroom on the boat.
The dining was okay. The quality of the food was adequate. We did go for mexican one time and we were apalled at the lack of care given to the menu and what constitutes a mexican meal. The 5 course meals were okay.
We have no children on the boat but from what we seen the staff was awesome with the kids I would take my grandchildren on your boat.
Skagway, Alaska
we went to Klondike tours and had a great tour of Skagway. What a great guide/Driver.
Don't Miss: Red onion saloon loads of fun.
Juneau, Alaska
Whale watching trip. Great fun.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Good place to walk around.