Norwegian Wind (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

Great cruise

Sail Date: March 01, 2006

We really enjoyed our cruise in Hawaii. The trip to Fanning Island gave us time to relax and undwind before hitting all the islands on the way back to Oahu. We thought the ship was beautifully maintained and everything was clean and ship shape. All of the staff was pleasant and helpful. I only wish the time in port could have been longer.

Pros: I liked seeing the volcano erupting as we sailed past it at night!

Cons: Having to rush at ports to get back in time.

The ship is smaller than some but well maintained and staffed.
I think freestyle dining is nice, it was a little difficult to eat early with a group of 8. We had no problems eating after 8 pm with our group. We were able to get reservations at the speciality restuarant with the same late dinning. I found the food to be good and the service excellent.
Rooms on cruise ships are small, but I thought ours was as big as most and we had a small sitting area. Everything was clean and well maintained.
Very friendly and polite staff
Entertainers were excellent.
Fanning Island, Kiribati
We just walked around and sat on the beach. It was great.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Snorkeling was great here. We rented cars and went snorkeling at a state park near the Place of Refuge. I swam with some turtles.
Don't Miss: snorkeling!
Hilo, Hawaii
We rented a car and I loved the black sand beach and volcano national park. We had to really drive to get there and back on time.
Don't Miss: Volcano National Park
Nawiliwili, Kauai
We rented a car and went to Waimea canyon. The view is beautiful.
Don't Miss: Waimea canyon
Lahaina, Maui
We ate at Cool Kat's near the port. The hamburgers were good.
Don't Miss: We went whale watching with the Pacific Whale Foundation!