jallaway Cruise Review on Norwegian Sun on May 24, 2019

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review

Overall rating:

Norwegian Sun

3 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: May 24, 2019

Ship: Norwegian Sun

Review summary

My review is just a limited opinion of the Sun. I had never sailed Norwegian before and this experience was just a three day cruise. I did no specialty restaurants and didn't make any shows. But, based on this short experience, I was very impressed. The main dining room meals were very good, probably the best of the three other cruiselines I have sailed on. The clientele was all very nice. They could be loud at times (it WAS a booze cruise), but no rowdies at all. All staff I encountered were very nice. The Great Stirrup Caye private island was eezy-breezy with everything provided. They even had iced wash clothes upon leaving. I haven't seen that since a Princess Cruise. Nice things: USB ports at bedside, wash stations in the buffet area, no photographers interrupting your dinner. Not so nice: Their Pizza , their coffee, their minimal app, their minimal website. No seating on outside promenade deck. Bad things: nothing on this trip.