Nature Most Beautiful Together With Muzak's Most Awful

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Alaska, Pacific Coastal & Mexican Riviera
Sail Date: September 19, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Sun

Has anyone every objectively tested whether guests actually want muzak 24hr/day?  My party consisted of a mixture of ages and tastes, none could stand it.  You've got the sound of the ocean waves and nature around you, something people pay millions for to get in a home, but you play elevator muzak over it all.  I don't want to the ambiance of a cheap dentist office while I'm on the deck of a luxury ocean liner.

If you're determined to run the muzak because that's just what every corporation does, then perhaps allow guest to pay to stop it.  I would pay $50 bucks to "stop the music" so I could just enjoy the sound of the waves and magic of the moment without Celine Dion singing "My Heart Will Go On" for the sixth time.