Amazing scenery and adventures

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska
Helpful Vote: 1

Norwegian Sun

14 Night Alaska Glacier Bay (Vancouver Roundtrip)

Sail Date: July 06, 2015

Ship: Norwegian Sun

Review Summary

I've been on a variety of cruises with different companies and itineraries, and this was one of my favorite trips. The whole "freestyle cruising" concept was new for me, and overall I enjoyed it. The food in all of the included venues was average, and there was lots of encouragement to dine in the specialty restaurants that required an additional charge per person. However, the service from all of the staff was excellent - from our room steward to all of the dining and activities staff. The scenery and the opportunities to explore Alaska were by far the highlight of the trip, particularly the time spent in Glacier Bay and at Hubbard Glacier.

While the cruise line offered a great selection of shore excursions, we found that we were able to book on our own and get the same or better value and some options that weren't available through the cruise line.

Ship Experiences