Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Beware. If you want an adult vacation, find another cruise line.

Sail Date: April 05, 2015

Out of the 2000 persons on the ship, 400 were children.  Our cabin was located next door to the teen center/teen disco, so we did not get any sleep.  Activities lasted in the teen center until 1:00 a.m., then the teenagers ran through the hallway screaming and partying.  We complained to security and requested to change cabins but were not accommodated.  We had to call security every night about the noise and the children running through the halls, but they ship never took any proactive measures to prevent it from happening. The overall cleanliness of the ship was just fair.  The ship steward was extremely nice and most of the wait staff in the restaurants were pleasant.  We had one rude waiter and some overcooked food, but overall the food was decent. Our biggest complaint was that the ship staff allowed the children and teenagers to run wild disturbing the patrons who did not have children aboard.  There were no adult only areas on the ship. The children cut lines and handled the food in the buffet lines in a very unsanitary way.  I would be hesitant to ever book a Norwegian Cruise Line cruise ever again.  If we cruise in the future, I would be more apt to consider a cruise line that caters to an older clientele, like Holland America. Also the disembarkment procedure was a bit of a zoo.  They allowed people who wanted to carry off their own luggage to leave first, which was nice, but it turned out to be nearly the entire ship.  There were not enough ship staff members assisting with disembarkment.

Ship was in decent condition.
The buffet was a zoo. We started eating only in the dining room because of the children pushing, shoving and handling the food.
Horrible room! Our room was located next to the teen center/teen disco. The noise was horrible and children ran and screamed in the hallways until the early morning hours. Security did nothing to remedy this situation. It was AWFUL!!!!
Our room was noisy but the staff would not allow us to move. The staff would not do anything to remedy the noise in the hallway. Children ran and screamed in the hallway until 1 or 2 in the morning EVERY night. We called the staff every night, but nothing was ever done.
The entertainment in the Windjammer was great. The guitar player, Victor Cruz and the piano player, James Morris kept the vacation from being a disaster. They were wonderful and so talented.
Children were allowed to fun wild all through the ship. I think the younger kids were supervised, but the young teens had no supervision.
Not a ton of stuff to do, but that doesn't bother me. I like to relax, so the lack of activities was fine with me.
Excursions were awesome. Plenty to choose from.
Tampa, Florida
Easy parking and easy embarkation process!
Roatan (Isla Roatan), Bay Islands, Honduras
Wonderful port. Gumbalimba Park was fun!
Belize City, Belize
The cave tubing and zip line excursion was awesome! My husband and I had a blast.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Neat little town, very close to the port.
My husband and I did the Dolphin Swim and Rid and we both had a wonderful time.

Victor Cruz plays the guitar in the Windjammer nearly every night. He's the most talented person aboard the cruise ship. He's a hidden gem!