Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great trip!

Sail Date: March 29, 2015

We had a wonderful time on this cruise.  It was a great itinerary with lots to see and do.  I highly recommend booking an excursion for Roatan.  It's not really a place where you can get off the ship and explore on your own.  The staff on the Sun were very friendly.  There were plenty of activities for the evenings and the sea days.  The evenings shows were entertaining but nothing special.  I loved the freestyle dining.  Some people don't like it, but i loved not having a set time and being able to eat whenever.  It was a little less formal than other cruises i've been on (Princess and Holland America), but i actually liked that about it.  It's vacation in the Carribean; I don't want to be formal!  Being a smaller ship, it seemed crowded at times, but it wasn't so bad.  The worst was that on the two sea days it was near impossible to to find a chaise unless you made it out of bed first thing in the morning! The food was pretty good but nothing too extraordinary.  The desserts were lacking.  Overall, though, I'd definitely recommend the cruise, and I've already put down a deposit for another cruise with NCL.

It had a bit of a dated feel to it, but overall it was a great ship.
The food was never bad, but it was never extraordinary. I was dissapointed in the desserts.
Very well designed. It was a pretty basic room but clean and comofrotable.
All the crew were very friendly and helpful.
Roatan (Isla Roatan), Bay Islands, Honduras
Had a great snorkeling excursion, but the island itself did not seem very friendly for travelers. I'm glad I booked an excursion, otherwise I don't think i would have felt comfortable exploring on my own.
Belize City, Belize Pretty cool city. Took an overpriced horse carriage tour, but it was fun. Visited the ZBelize City museum. It was well worth the visit.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Loved going to see Mayan ruins here.
Too touristy for my taste. Mostly shopped since it was the last port and we needed to get some gifts for friends.