Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Great first-time cruise

Sail Date: May 01, 2013

The Norwegian Sun was a very fun ship with interesting amenities. It is not as large as many\, so there are not as many on-board activities\, but it is also not nearly as crowded. It was not unusual for me to enjoy the sun deck by myself in the evenings.

Pros: Cruise experience\, destinations\, at-sea days

Cons: Skagway\, Desserts

Recommends Norwegian Sun? Yes!

No problems whatsoever; very clean and comfortable. Obviously not new\, but that is not a problem to me.
Meals were usually good (except steak\, strangely enough\, which seemed to be boiled.) Desserts were from OK to terrible\, including the very worst brownie I have ever eaten in my life (basically chocolatey sawdust.) Loved the freestyle dining option though\, and would strongly recommend it.
Some leaks in the hallway near our room (apparently someone's plumbing was not working as expected)\, but the room itself was very nice and comfortable. Not large\, but we knew that and intentionally picked one of the cheaper rooms.
Outstanding staff\, especially our cabin steward.
There was probably more of interest to the average passenger (60ish and retired?) than to me (30 and very active)\, but I was never bored.