Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A very pleasureable cruise

Sail Date: November 04, 2012

We recently sailed 10 days on the Norwegian Sun to the Southern Caribbean. The ship was very good and we had a pleasurable time. The food was fine especially the buffet breakfast. The formal dinner menu was a step down from our many previous cruises. The entertainment was excellent with the exception of the hypnotist which we did not like. The ship's dance troupe was awesome as was the ship's group, Del Sol. The "White Hot Night" in the Dazzles Lounge one night was simply fantastic although the dance floor there was too small for the number of people that wanted to participate dancing. The cruise director, Jaime, was the best one that we had had in approx 15 cruises that we had experienced. The hotel manager, Steven, was very visible and cordial throughout the cruise. The quality of staff was top-notch. On another note, I had requested a special birthday acknowledgement for my wife. A card was placed in our cabin upon our arrival and it was to be presented to the dining room on the special night of our choosing.. The card was presented to the person making table assignments just after our table assignment. A waiter assistant handed it back to me and told me to give it to my waiter. I told him that this was supposed to be a surprise and he said that he himself would give it to the waiter. Well no acknowledgement. I told the person making the table assignments about this on our departure and she apologized and told her superior and stated that something would be done to remedy this oversight. Nothing happened. I mentioned it again upon being assigned a table another night and nothing happened. We dined several times more in the formal dining room and no acknowledgement. I mentioned this problem to Steven, the hotel manager, at the conclusion of our cruise he apologized that it happened. This did not ruin the cruise for us but it did leave a bad taste.

Pros: The itinerary

Cons: My wife's dinner birthday acknowlegement was overlooked twice - unbelieveable!

Recommends Norwegian Sun? Yes!

Except for not acknowledging my wife's birthday in the formal dining room