Norwegian Sun Carribean Cruise

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

invalid-23483
Sail Date: October 14, 2012
Ship: Norwegian Sun
We picked Norwegian because we wanted free-style cruising. The more casual atmosphere and dining freedom appealed to us. However, for our next cruise I don't think we would choose to sacrifice the food and entertainment quality for what we got on this cruise.

Quality was the biggest issue for me: Foods that would seem basic were not well done\, for example: Pizza was served with uncooked veggies on top\, Cheese cake -no matter where we ordered it- was awful in both taste and consistency\, Biscuits and Gravy in the restaurant was served with one unsplit \"small\" buiscuit sitting adjacent to a pool of plain gravey with two sausage LINKS(!)in the middle...enough said?

It was interesting to note that although coffee is supposed to be included\, when I ordered coffee at the casino bar\, the bartender informed me that there would be a charge since I was ordering at the bar- as opposed to going to the restaurant to get it self serve\, I suppose. There are many things they charge for to cover their costs\, I really think this is taking it a little too far. I did end up getting it for free when I informed him that the bartender the day before had not charged me. I suppose this was because the day before I ordered it AFTER I has paid for a beer.

Ugh\, outside of the commedian for one night- who was quite funny\,- I'm not sure why they bothered with getting any outside intertainment. The Cruise Director and staff put on a far more entertaining show in the lounge every night with audience participation game shows. \"Boston Brian\" was hysterical and likely the only thing that I will remember.

I don't think we met anyone who was not friendly and accommodating.

The ship deck was fairly small. Not enough Deck Chairs.

Clean and comfortable

Pros: The crew was very friendly and hospitable.

Cons: The food and the entertainment.

Recommends Norwegian Sun? No.