One and done

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

9 Night Baltic Capitals (Copenhagen Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 15, 2012
Ship: Norwegian Sun
I really had no expectations being my first cruise.

Would never have booked if NCL indicated smoking was ok for balcony cabins, but clearly it is. Not just outside, but inside. Horrible experience with guest services complaining about the adjacent cabin smelling up my room. Not recognized as a safety issue by guest services even though it's inside and no ashtrays are provided. Nothing was done about it after 3 complaints. Then, after the adjacent cabin had an \"ice-bucket water spill\" (so I was told) that required multiple industrial floor fans to dry the cabin and hallway out, the smoking suddenly stopped for the remainder of the trip. Coincidence? Who knows? But I am miffed that guest services ignored my complaints until my problem became theirs and much bigger.

Not bad. Better than cafeteria food\, but not as good as bar and grill restaurants. Did not try premium restaurants.

Lousy for someone in their 40s.

Friendly\, but not solutions oriented. A smile with little action is a let down.

The boat is past its prime. Some facilities were lacking in equipment. Number of guests wore formal wear from time to time. I didn't fancy the ship to be of that caliber.

Cabin wasn't too cramped. Have seen smaller bathrooms in NYC hotels.

Pros: Baltic Cities

Cons: NCL

Recommends Norwegian Sun? No.