Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Great Cuise.

Sail Date: May 31, 2012

The ship was excellent, all personnel were great, shows were great. Buffet food was good for Buffet food. Drinks were alittle high.

I do not like the fact that a $12 per person per day charge is added at the ship to pay personnel on the ship. I would like to have this charge up front. I feel that NCL draws you in with a lower cruise price but then hits you with a mandatory fee during the cruise in my case it as 5 people x 9days x $12 = $540.

I liked the bar billed in an automatic tip which was fine with me since it was 15% and I usually tip 20%. I did not pay the additional 5% just for the fact you build in the automatic tip.

The television programming was terrible. In english you had a sports channel that played only tennis, rugby, or soccer no sports news. Sky news, BBC, CNBC were the new channels and I could swear they had MSNBC on when we first got on the ship very liberal programming. Most the people I met on board wondered why they did not have CNN and Fox news. Then there was a movie channel which was okay. I felt like I was in a news blackout the entire trip. I did learn you can save money by spending more from the news channels.

All in all it was a good trip. When I plan my next trip the tv programming will be a major factor to which cruise line I pick.

Pros: Shows were excellent.

Cons: Television was terrible. Sports channel only had tennis 90% of time. News Channels choice was BBC and CNBC. Fox, CNN would have been better.

Recommends Norwegian Sun? Yes!