Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

good food great entertainment

Sail Date: November 27, 2010

Overall if you are not disabled and want a good reasonable vacation, this is a good choice. Friendly staff. Love freestyle dining. With better dessert offerings and more special specialty restaurants, I would rate it even higher.

Pros: the food in . The entertainment was great and varied. the embarking at disembarking were very smooth at Port Canaveral

Cons: Its an older ship and not very accomodating for my wife's mobility disabilty. Many of the main doors have 4" thresholds and the doors themselves are not auto sliding but very heavy and hard to open. Tendering is also not disable friendly. There were more surcharged extras.

Recommends Norwegian Sun? Yes!

Balcony was tighter some other ships. My cabin was starting to show its age from wear and tear. Sound insulation was very good
The entertainment was excellent but the activities were below average because type (a lot were trying to sell you something) and variety. There is a need for improvement here
I hope they get a good pastry chef and add some tableside preparations to their specialty restaurants. Otherwise excellent food
Overall very friendly and attentive.
Key West, Florida
Very short stay did not allow much touring time. I have been here multiple times and still has a fun atmosphere. Too bad we only had the morning when half the town is still sleeping
Belize City, Belize
Very nice pier very but very impoverished in the city. Took a private taxi tour which was very informative. Other passengers raved about snorkeling and river tours.
Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatemala
Pier shopping was local and interesting. Didn't take any tours.
This is my 5th visit there. The shopping is the draw. For excursions see the mainland ruins