Great ship.....

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 13, 2010
Ship: Norwegian Sun
This ship was number 3 for me on Norwegian and number 38 overall as far as the total cruises I have been on. I was a bit hesitant about this cruise.
I was pleasantly surprised about the friendly staff from the beginning of the cruise to the last day.
Food.....the best. The Garden Cafe was free style and variety was wonderful as well. They went out of their way to make things right and close to perfect.
Entertainment showed a bit of "wanting more" and the daily itinerary was lacking in a big way.
One other thing was the ships itinerary. If I ever plan to go to St Thomas Cast., Guatamala I will gladly pass that trip up and stay on the ship. The last stop in Key West was disappointing because of it being the last stop (in the states) we had to go through customs on the ship at 8:45 am and the ship left Key West at 1:30pm. The 4-5 hours was not worth the stop. Even though it was and is always a favorite and was a reason for this ship it was not enough time.

The BEST!!!!!!!!!

What entertainment? Actually it was fair but after 10 pm it's not "Studio 54" but then again the people on board were more of the elderly type.

The Friendliess, helpful, wonderful crew on any ship I have been on. Somneone is doing a great job in that department. Very pleased.

Clean as clean can be.....

It was an "average room" but the A/C needed attending along with a faulty bathroom light. I can't figure out why a hair dryer is placed above the toilet with a 3 foot tube. You can't look at the mirror while you blow dry your hair.
Minor things that didn't damper the trip in any way.
It's the same ol "Mister, come see what's inside and it's almost free" routine. Besides that it was a nice day. :)
What can I say about the good ol United States of "KEY WEST"? The best and always will be. Just not ewnough time there.
TERRIBLE. Nothing to do, You have to take a small boat to a town a couple miles away accesable only by boat OR you can take a big chance in this town and take a taxi tour like we did and see what poor third world country meaning is about. We were told by a band member on board that a few years ago a Doctor on another cruise line took a bike rental to the beach and never came back. We heard that AFTER we went into town. On an UP NOTE, the dock workers where the ship docks ( Frieght Dock ), a band / dancers from the local area and their families, all the taxis and even the local police were all at the dock when we left and gave us the best "Farewell" Bon Voyage Celebration I have ever seen anywhere. A bit of sweet sugar with al lot of salt.
Don't Miss: It doesn't exsist...
Hot, Humid, Rude people in the tourist area. You should definately take an excursion if you visit this site. I hear the Reef Snorkling was great. We did a "Zip Line" tour which was great a couple years ago.

Pros: The FOOD was the best of any cruise and this is number 38 for me. Thecrew was also the most friendly of any ship.

Cons: Entertainment was a bit

Recommends Norwegian Sun? Yes!