Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Mexico

My most disappointing cruise

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

After 8 cruises on several different lines, this is the first time that I have left the ship disappointed. This is my first and last cruise on Norwegian - the business strategy is producing a poor result. Norwegian seems to be the General Motors of cruise industry and headed for the same fate. The ship, my cabin, and the cabin steward are the best that I've experienced on cruises. The food, including the desserts, the dining room service, the constant sales efforts, and the port selections were the worst that I've experienced. Blame the Freestyle cruise concept for the food and service. Of the five scheduled ports, the first two offered little. The last port, Cabo, was skipped because of a hurricane. The first port, Topolobombo, had nothing except a $5 bus ride to a town 20 miles away. The purpose seemed to be for the cruise line to sell a $450 16-hour train trip to Copper Canyon. Two cruisers who did the train trip said that the train stopped at the edge of the canyon, passengers got to peer down into the hole for 1/2 hour, and then boarded the train for the return trip. Norwegian - fool me once, shame on you - you won't get a second chance.

Pros: Ship

Cons: Food, service, ports, FreeStyle Cruising

Recommends Norwegian Sun? No.