Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A great break from winter!

Sail Date: February 11, 2007

The Sun is a beautiful ship. The rooms were comfortable and there was ample space for clothes as well as a safe for valuables. The bathroom was a little "cosy" but serviceable, but the shower curtain was not stationary which contributed to getting the bathroom floor wet with each shower. The ship was immaculate! Our room was always tidy and very clean. All public areas were shining! The staff does a wonderful job, and anticipated our needs extremely well. The entertainers (the Jean Ryan dancers) were the best we've seen on any cruise. Food and service at the restaurants was great. My husband and I especially enjoy the concept of "freestyle cruising" as we don't feel rushed to get ready for dinner. This is especially important when the ship is in port. Also, we enjoyed the atrium and glassed in elevators. Our room was located near the elevators which was especially important to us as my husband had recent hip surgery and ambulates with a cane. The staff was attentive to his needs when they saw hin having difficulty getting up from the dining room table. They were always cheerfully offering assistance. Of the 8 cruises we'e taken, I would rate this one as one of the two best. The port of New Orleans is accessible to those of us in the southern part of Illinois who wish to drive to the port, so I hope NCL plans to remain in that port.

Pros: the Sun--such a beautiful ship!

Cons: small shower and flimsy shower curtain

Recommends Norwegian Sun? Yes!

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
A very good port with a variety of activities. The "Beach Break" was very enjoyable.
Belize City, Belize
This was my second trip to Belize and I found that the waterfront area is more developed than it was in my previous visit... Again, the people seemed to be glad to have tourists.
Don't Miss: The Dolphin Encounter
Belize City, Belize
Don't Miss: The Dolphin Encounter
Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatemala
I enjoyed this port and it left me wanting to see more of Guatemala. The people seemed happy to have us there. I took the trolly tour and the guide was very imformative. I would like to go to the rainforest on another trip there.
Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatemala
I've been to Cozumel several times and it was more crowded than usual this time. The weather wasn't good so our outing to the beach was cancelled.
Don't Miss: Los Cinco Solas gift shop and restaurant where you can get wonderful vanilla
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico