Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Pleasure on the Norwegian Sun

Sail Date: October 22, 2006

This ship is fantastic as long as you understand that it is not a fancy, upscale looking ship. The whole concept of Freestyle Cruising is a more casual, laid-back approach. The food was very good as a whole, I never had a bad meal, but was told that the more upscale cruise lines are a bit better. The service was fantastic!!! I heard a few people complain, but cannot understand why. We were not left alone for 1 second without someone catering to us. The pool area was very nice, the entertainment was very good (especially their Reggae band!), the restaurant choices were plenty, and the dining room was extremely good. I enjoyed the ports-of-call, especially having the entire day in each port. The only thing was the last night and the last morning, the food/restaurant quality went down a little bit-certain things were not as hot as they should be, but the staff made it right!!!

Pros: The service

Cons: Too much smoking allowed on board

Recommends Norwegian Sun? Yes!

Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatemala
Beautiful country. We did the Banana Plantation tour-very interesting...Grey Line here was fantastic!!! I wish we had more time here to see more!
Don't Miss: See as much as possible!!!
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
We did the Dune Buggy/Beach excursion. This was great fun!!! And the beach we went to was closer to the ship and was completely private-our group were the only ones there...
Don't Miss: The shopping is much, much, much cheaper here than in Cozumel
Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatemala
Don't Miss: See as much as possible!!!
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Don't Miss: The shopping is much, much, much cheaper here than in Cozumel
Very commercialized and more expensive than the last time I was there...I prefer more market-type shopping and there are just too many shopping malls there-Costa Maya shopping was better. We went to the Playa Mia Beach Break, which was lots of fun! Once they are done with the construction there, it should be gorgeous-the beaches are great in Cozumel!!!
Don't Miss: The beach and parasailing!!!
Belize City, Belize
Beautiful country, but we used a different, new private tour operator here. We just saw the city and a bit of the outskirts. There was so much more to see, but tourism seems quite new to the Belizeans and they have some work to do. Also, I felt a little bit unsafe here more than any other places I have visited. The shopkeepers, hairbraiders, etc... are very aggressive here...Shopping is also not so great yet...It is very, very pretty though-once they have gotten the tourism thing down (if it doesn't become too commercialized), I would definately go back
Don't Miss: So far, I would say to go to the ruins because one of our party really enjoyed that!
Belize City, Belize
Don't Miss: The beach and parasailing!!!