Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Absolute Best

Sail Date: October 01, 2006

This was our first cruise and although we haven't any others with which to compare, we had a fabulous time. It was obvious that every staff member loved their job...I mean truly loved their job. They always smiled and no matter what you asked they made it happen. The room steward/ess were fantastic. We just loved the towel elephant left for us!! We thought the food choices were wonderful given buffet style dining. The surcharge others mentioned, we didn't think was outrageous at all. We just loved the entertainment provided and most of all the 'Black Street Boys'! We still talk about their performance to this day. The only thing I would suggest to the crew of the SUN is when you even THINK the destinations may be to far for the ATM satellite to reach, please let the passengers know to pull $$ out in advance. My husband and I found ourselves without cash on our final stop in Roatan and unfortunately the ATM satellite wasn't working because we were soo far south. If we had known that this was possible, we would have been prepared. We spent over an hour trying to get cash once we got to Roatan. Not too easy I might add! This stop was the whole reason for the cruise and to waste precious time hunting down $$ was disappointing. Also, let cruisers know (in advance, not the morning of) that on disembarkation, final photo sales are cash only. We found ourselves in line at an EMPTY ATM on our final day when we were notified, at the photo counter, that credit cards were no longer being accepted. (we were told we didn't need any cash onboard) Not a complaint, just a helpful suggestion for 1st time cruisers who may not know the fine details associated with cruising. Aside from that, the crew of the SUN definately made our vacation one that I will NEVER forget. By far, one of my best memories. I can't wait to do it again! Thank you!!

***p.s. we sailed before the time frames that are given for us to choose from...our cruise date was in Dec 2005

Pros: The staff was wonderful:) Everyone we met was ALWAYS smiling and willing to go above and beyond to do whatever it took to please us.

Cons: nothing