Norwegian Sun Cruise Review

We really enjoyed our 7 day cruise. The excursions we went on were great, particulary the Belize and Cozumel locations. We toured the Mayan ruins and it was very interesting and the guides were excellent. There was not a lot to do in Honduras and several people were disappointed in the excursions there. The room service and attendants were very courteous and professional all 7 days! I think the shows could be a little more diverse, but they were nice. If we had not signed up for the day trips daily I think we may have been a little bored with the activities. I am glad we chose this ship. In comparing it with other guests for a first cruise, this was a good choice. The only complaint was with the buffet food in the Garden Cafe, which was not good at all. The deserts were not good, and I ate mostly hotdogs from the buffet. Also, I ordered the birthday package for my husband and the cake tasted like sponge cake and two doors down from our stateroom I saw another cake sitting in the hall to be taken away with the other trays, our cake joined it. We grew weary of the late night pizza everynight. There should be a better variety and broader menu. The specialty restaurants were nice but we were unaware that we could have eaten lunch at those restaurants. We found out about 4 days into the cruise that we could have eaten breakfast and lunch there also.Overall, the cruise was a nice experience. My husband and I would love to go on another cruise, maybe for two weeks next year, but hopefully we can get info. on the menu in advance in the future.The info. for this ship was was not yet available. Make sure to try the Western Caribbean cruises with four ports and you will get your money's worth!!The photo gallery needs to be a little more organized -- it is so hard to find your pictures. The freestyle cruises are a wonderful idea! We enjoyed going to dinner at whatever time was good for us! The last day was very orgainzed. We were able to eat breakfast and get off the ship at a certain time, which was so much better than standing in long lines to get off the ship!