Norwegian Sun Cruise Review

5/11 NCL SUN REVIEWThis was our 6th cruise, first on NCL. This comparison will be with previous cruise lines we have cruised: Princess, Carnival and Royal Caribbean. We arrived at the port about 11:45, security, and check-in went smoothly, We were met on board and escorted to our cabin (9250- Balcony-Mid-ship deck 9) and we were pleasantly surprised. The cabin was nice sized, well laid out and had much more storage areas, than any cabin we had on other cruise line. The decor grows on you as the week progresses. We had a safe, mini-fridg. In the bathroom, there was a hair dryer and there is a small clothesline in the circular shower. The balcony was private, unless you leaned way over the railing. I was very impressed, the Sun is a beautiful ship. Entertainment:I will also state we did not see any of the shows, spent most of my time in the casino, that was my entertainment. Food:We only ate at the buffet (The Great Outdoor Cafe & Garden Cafe) and the Seven Seas (aft dining room), as we found the food there, to our liking. We also tried Pacific Heights for lunch (pizza and pasta), it was average. We never had to wait to get a table (this cruise was sold out), and also found the service to be excellent. As this was the first time we experienced freestyle dining vs assigned seating, we really enjoyed the freestyle. The only negative comment about the food is that I found the dessert menu lacking in variety and taste in comparison to other cruise lines. I went to the Chocoholic Buffet, there was a variety, but it all tasted about the same, just in different variations. I would rate the overall food as average, some dishes better than others. By no means will you starve, there is always plenty to eat. We did room service for breakfast 3 days and lunch (pizza) one day and had excellent service.There were many activities to keep you busy, but my husband and I really enjoyed just sitting on our balcony relaxing and watching the sea glide by.Judy D.Orange, CA.