South American cruise

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to South America

Sail Date: December 01, 2009
The ship is older and is showing its age. The Christmas decorations were pathetic. I was hoping that it would be a more festive environment. The ships staff was very friendly but staff would give different answers to the same questions. Since most staff had worked for NCL for many years we wondered why they didn't have correct information to very simple questions. The evening entertainment was great. We really enjoyed the "freestyle" dining arrangements.

I was annoyed that I had to pay so much to play bingo. I thought they were really gouging the passengers.

Pros: Overall, the itinerary was very good but I would recommend they eliminate 2 ports of call. The entertainment on board was great.

Cons: I didn't like being 'nickled and dimed' for everything. The shore excursions were VERY expensive. The Norwegian Sun is an older ship and it is showing it's age.

Recommends Norwegian Sun? No.