No customer service

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Alaska & Sawyer Glacier (Vancouver Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 17, 2009
Ship: Norwegian Sun
Cruise ship itself was outdated and in need of refurbishing, but was still clean. We wanted a small ship to cruise the Inside Passage, so based on the size, there were alot of bars and restaurants to choose from. However, if you expect your waiter/waitress to great you with a smile, or simply a "hello", you are on the wrong cruise line. A staff member told me that most of their waiters are past night-shift cleaners-people who have no customer service skills. When I find a hair in my food, or on lobster night my lobster is so overcooked I can't cut it, I would like to beable to order a new plate-really hard when the waiters don't care to come back. Service is better at McDonalds than NLC.

Pros: ports of call

Cons: staff service

Recommends Norwegian Sun? No.