Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Caribbean Dream vacation

Sail Date: March 15, 2008

The ship was very clean...I appreciated the hand sanitizer at every dining area to ensure no one would spread germs--excellent idea!! The staterooms are a good size, but the bathrooms are a bit small.
Navigating our way around the ship was very easy too. Everything was marked clearly.

Pros: my daughter (age 12) loved the Kid's Club

Cons: Freestyle dining----I prefer the assigned seating and the same servers all week

Recommends Norwegian Sun? Yes!

The bed was comfortable...the sofa bed and pull-down bunk bed were a bit hard for my kids to sleep on but they survived. The bathrooms were tiny.
The singers/dancers were very good; we enjoyed every show we attended. The comedians were great too.
The food at the buffets was very good; the desserts were awesome! The dining rooms gave us many choices every night, so we certainly never went hungry!! The pizza in the sports bar was a family favorite.
Very friendly staff, always smiling and helpful. Clement and Glenda in the Four Seasons restaurant were our favorites--very personable and fun to talk to!! We requested them every night we ate there.
The housekeeping staff was A-One. If we needed extra pillows or blankets, they appeared in our room almost immediately (stateroom 8010). Awesome job!!!!
Dr. Crouton and Mad Dog in the 10-12 group were wonderful. My daughter had a great week because of these two people, who were obviously made for this job.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
We had this port cancelled due to windy weather and the tenders couldn't get out to us---perhaps a dock at your own private island would be beneficial. We went to Nassau instead. We appreciated that there was a "Plan B" but would have preferred Great Stirrup Cay.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Very proud people there; everyone is very friendly. Kind of dirty...I don't think I'd spend more than a day there, but I'm glad we got to go there and experience it.
beautiful beaches; friendly people. I would have preferred a real lounge chair at the Playa Mia beach instead of those plastic wavy chairs that sat in the sand....many people had a hard time getting in and out of them and there was no way one could lay on their stomach on a chair shaped like an "s". There were lounge chairs further down the beach but we were told they were for "another group". We paid $56 per person for this shore excursion and were a bit disappointed.
Don't Miss: my kids did the Fury Catamaran ride/snorkeling and loved it
Belize City, Belize
Our shore excursion was cancelled due to windy weather, so we went shopping. Belize was my favorite port---beautiful country!! My next vacation will probably be a week there.