Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Please avoid this one if you have kids

Sail Date: December 01, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This is our 2nd cruise and 1st with NCL, but we will never cruise with them again. They advertise for "freestyle", but their rules are more strict than Princess and staff quality, kids program, food, activity on board just has no comparison with Princess.

My suggestion is if you plan to criuse with kids and want to have fun on the ship, please try somewhere else.

Pros: Really nothing the

Cons: The kids corner, the food, the service..

Recommends Norwegian Sun? No.

You will have to pay extra if you want to eat better on the ship, the free dinning and buffet is very limited choice and food quality is bad. And even if you pay extra, the Steak house was the worst, with the Steak hard like a stone, and the japense restaurant service was so bad that they could not even get your bill for 20 minutes. The french restaurant charged me 18% on top of the tip I already paid....
Very disappointed, the gift shop staff walked away in the middle of the conversation with other customers with out even ask permissons or a simple " Excuse me", and when calling the front desk for ship info. their answer was" you have to come down to get the info. I don't know that"...
We paid a temp. Tatoon which says last for 7 days, and was gone the next day...
This is the worst piece, my girl will be 6 next month, and we cruise with 4 other family friends together who all have 6 years old, and they just won't let them stay together! The staff there was very unpleasent and so do the director,whom is the worst! She agreed to put all out kids together, and as soon as we left, they separated them immediately! my girl complianed from the first day, so we had to stop sending her there.
Room was clean but the TV is so small and out of date, the remote is not working from 1 feet away...
Most of the show was good but they don't have any kids friendly show, and no other kids activity on the ship, so if you want to cruise with kids, please avoid this ship

In general, the activities on the ship is very limited, and there is not even music at the pool for most of the time.