What a disappointment.....

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska

Sail Date: August 01, 2006
Ship: Norwegian Sun
What is the number one thing most people look the most forward to in crusing? Quality and quanity in food, being waited on with a smile, fun places to visit, not having to worry about paying all the time. Well, got to tell you, my Alaskan cruise, had none of the above. This was a cruise planned for 2 years and was not inexpensive! I loved the idea of freestyle eating, however that really is misadvertising. The only food you can get at anytime if the buffet or room service, terrible food, lack of imagination, no service in dining room. It was hard to get a plate cleared. Room service was limited, the soup was the kind you buy in the store 10 for $1.00. Drinks were being pushed non stop. The exercusions were way overpriced. I chose a spa treatment instead of a whale watch and think I made the correct chose. If you have a chance to book a massage with Tomas from Poland, do it!!!! Booked my flight from NH through NCL and it took over 11 hours and was at terrible times. (also didn't get the ticket information until just prior to the trip starting). Also airplanes totally overbooked. Tight quarters and terrible seat (but I am actually grateful I got a seat)

Buffet was terrible, dining room was so so, East meets West was terrific, however it cost extra $20 per person, and an additional $5 on top of that to order Lobster.

Great actors and singers on board. Unless you played bingo or trivia, nothing really available during day.

With the exception of the pushing of very expensive drinks, staff tried there best.

Ship was fine. Clean and everything seemed to be in working order.

Good room, overall comfortable.

Pros: Cabin stewards, movies in room, massage

Cons: Food, assistance with problems