Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

What a nightmare

Sail Date: August 01, 2006

The boat was okay. Balcony room was spacious considering we had three adult women in the room. The food was terrible at the buffet....we compared it to college cafe food. Dining room food was okay but not great. The very good food was at the steakhouse which was $20 per person. Daily entertainment was lacking and shore excursions were very expensive. Nightly shows were good and performers were talented. Drinks were very expensive and the staff was constantly asking if you wanted a drink...almost like they were trained to keep pushing the booze. I would not recommend this Alaskan cruise since there are other cruise lines that I'm sure do a better job. I did have an issue with missing the boat on the day we embarked because of a problem with my connecting flight and while I finally made it to the boat 2 days later...no one offered me anything like a free meal voucher at the steakhouse or spa treatment or free or discounted excursion. I feel that since I booked my flights through NCL the least they could have done is offer me something...besides the fact that I feel as if they owe me two days money back. Be careful when you book your airfare through the cruise line as there really is no advantage. I would suggest going out a day early and possibly flying back home later in the day or the day after you return from the cruise. Just personnal experience!

Pros: cruise staff in general were nice

Cons: Food at the buffet was terrible and in the main dining room it was fair. The food you paid extra for was great and wait staff serving drinks were constantly asking if we wanted a drink after saying no numerous times

Buffet was terrible and main dining rooms were fair. Dining rooms with extra charge were very good
Daily activities were poor. Night activities were better and the entertainers were talented and the shows were of fair quality
all the staff seemed friendly and helpful. Well trained to do their specific job.
Balcony state room was good size for 3 adults. Kept clean by the staff
Clean enough but starting to show it's age.