Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Awesome cruise!

Sail Date: May 20, 2006

This was our first time on a cruise but I did a great deal of research about the cruise line, ports and specific ship. Since I was pretty informed, there were no major surprises. I was impressed with the cleaniliness of the ship. The ship is only 6 years young so the nice decor is in great shape. We had an outside stateroom with picture window. This was perfect to look at the majestic Alaskan snow-capped mountains without getting the cool breeze. The service was always friendly with a smile. The alcoholic drinks were very tasty, but my only compliant was the deserts at the buffett were average. On the other hand, the specialty restaurants are a must. The French and Italian restuarants were my favorite. My husband and I appreciated the casual atmosphere on the ship. Its too bad we had some pretty grumpy people that kept finding stuff to complain about. Oh well, my husband had a wonderful time in one of the most beautiful places we have ever seen.

Pros: The intimate specialty restaurants

Cons: some grouchy fellow cruisers

Ketchikan, Alaska

Don't Miss: Gift shops!! Lots of them with great prices
Juneau, Alaska

Don't Miss: Mendenhall Glacier
Skagway, Alaska

Don't Miss: The Whitepass Train railway
Prince Rupert, British Columbia
Beautiful city but didn't seem as much as a tourist spot as the other ports.