Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Loved it, love it, loved it!

Sail Date: August 01, 2013

Room Type: Suite

We had cruised on this ship once before and I know the ship had some upgrades a few years ago. Our favorite speciality restaurant was the Le Bistro with Cagney's running a close second. We made reservations online before going so that made it a lot easier. We did not eat in the main dining rooms at any time. Breakfast and lunch were in Cagney's since we had a penthouse suite and I love that benefit with booking a suite. Hors d'oeuvres were served daily around 4:00 from our butler\, Caesar Lanic. All the workers on the ship seemed to enjoy their job and it wasn't \"just a job\". I was impressed with that. We had room 10000 and we really liked it. The balcony was a little smaller than the other three penthouses on this deck but the room was larger which was what counted to us. Still there were three lounge chairs on the deck whch would lay flat so it wasn't like our balcony was small! I was very interested in getting the wine program but that was hard to find out to participate. Finally\, I saw a note in the daily paper delivered to the suite so then I had to find out how to join. You go to any bar and ask for the form\, fill it out and then give it to a wait staff and you're all set. You save quite a bit of money if you join the wine program instead of buying a bottle of wine at each meal.

Pros: Stockholm\, the penthouse suite\, the speciality restaurants

Cons: the staff trying to sell you event to attend such as the jazz brunch

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!

Medium size ship and spotless at all times.
All the speciality restaurants were spectacular. I enjoyed the show by the chefs in the Teppanaki. Moderno was good but I don't eat much meat so this was not my favorite but it was still good. Le Bistro is still my favorite and we ate there twice on our cruise.
Penthouse 10000\, good condition\, excellent storage and closet\, larger room but a slightly smaller balcony
All the staff was very friendly and seemed to enjoyed their work. They seemed eager to please each guest.
The only entertainment we saw was the Newly and Not So Newly Wed Game. It was fun and my husband played along with it sitting in our seats. We would have won if he had only agreed to go up for the game! The entertainment was scheduled during our dinner time so we never got to see anything else. Well\, we could have gone to some things later in the evening but just didn't have the time.