Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska

Second Mate

span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;I...

Sail Date: March 14, 2006

span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;I just return from my first cruise aboard the strongNCL STAR/strong. The cruise started in Seattle, WA and traveled to Juneau, Skagway, and Victoria. My favorite of the three ports was Skagway. I went on a long bus/train tour thru the beautiful Candian Yukon Territory. If you go on this tour, don#39;t waste your money on the train tour. You will see so much more from the bus than you will see from the train. I also got to play with Alaskan Sled dogs on the tour. They were just so adorable. I wanted to take one home./spanbr /
br /
span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;If you ever get a chance to go to Alaska, don#39;t pass up the chance. It is worth every penny. I would, however, suggest visiting Alaska by RV (even though you can#39;t travel to all cities by car) and not by a cruise ship. Cruise ships do not give you enough time to look around. I wish I would have had more time in the Yukon to explore./spanbr /
br /
span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;One bad thing about the cruise is my roommate and I both caught the Norway virus. If you ever go on a cruise, make sure you wash your hands before and after you pick up your food. That way if someone else does not wash their hands, you will be covered. I sure hope I never catch the Norway virus again./span

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.

Cruise Photos

Balcony room was great to have when going through the inside passage.
Food and Dining I was not impressed with the food on this boat. I had to keep going to the kids bar to eat because they keep the hotdogs there.
awesom entertainment
did not use this service
Service and Staff The staff members were very friend & helpful. I'm giving this a thumbs down because my boat had the Norway virus, so someone was not cleaning enough.
not many people were using the gym, so I could always find an open piece of equipment
Skagway was my absolute favorite ... extremely beautiful.