Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Bermuda

A really nice Cruise

Sail Date: September 01, 2012

I really liked Norwegian Star cruise. The food was delicious and the staff were very friendly. Spending most of our time at the pool and by the bar, it was very relaxing. The Free-style cruising was awesome. No set schedule, just do what you want when you want.

Pros: Freestyle Cruisin! Ping Pong\, Ordering a number of Entrees at one sitting\, Friendly Staff.

Cons: Leaving Bermuda early because of Hurricane Leasley.

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!

Staff was very friendly and numerous. They were all over the place greeting you and asking if you needed anything.
The ship was really nice and kept clean. The only thing that would put it over the top would be a rock-wall.
Food was really good in the dining rooms and the buffet. We hit the Buffet for breakfast\, lunch and dinner and only hit the 2 free dining rooms for dinner. The buffet tables were a little close to each other. Trying to get in and out of you seat without disturbing the person sitting behind you was difficult at times.
The stateroom was pretty nice. Beds were really comfy but the 3 pillows were excessive. There's a lot of room for all your luggage and things. My only complaint about the stateroom was the bathroom. It's small\, but that was to be expected. I kept hitting my elbow into the walls on a consistent basis. The shower head was leaky and had low pressure. The supplied shampoo and shower gel barely suds up and felt to watered down. The TV was small and resolution was bad. There were only 2 channels that were watchable. The rotary room status was a nice touch.
The pool was pretty awesome when the ship started rocking. But closed when it got really rough which was a bummer. The best activity was drinking. The Dark n' Stormys were delicious. The Casino was not smoke free but really didn't smell at bad as I thought it was going to be. Very tolerable. We played ping pong daily and the basketball court when it finally turned into a volleyball court. The Basketball court was more in use during the 2 days it was a volleyball court than the basketball court all week. The only downside was a lower ceiling net. When playing volleyball we were constantly hitting the ceiling which I found to use to my advantage but still would have been nice to have it higher. The both golf section only had lefty clubs except for 2. Shuffle board only had 4 red disks\, 4 red and 4 black are needed to play properly.