Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The Norwegian Nightmare

Sail Date: November 01, 2011

Where to begin....arriving on the ship, I was impressed by the ships quality and decor. Our room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was very nice. The only con to the stateroom was the TINY TV. It was difficult to watch from the bed and didnt work half of the time. It would make a loud static noise suddenly until you turned it off. Also, there is no guide so we were always crossing our fingers to catch the beginning of a movie. Well, one of the three movies they were replaying. There are absolutely no clocks on the ship besides for a channel on the tv that would periodically display it. I get its all about relaxing but come on! I missed many shows because of the lack of clocks. BRING YOUR WATCH! The room steward was very nice and helpful. The majority of the crew speaks broken English so hopefully you dont have any special requests.
The food was mostly horrible. My boyfriend and I rarely finished our meal. On the first night I ordered the signature chocolate cake for dessert. I took one bite and was done. By the last night, I decided to give it another try and ate the whole thing!NCL lowered my food standards. Do not, in any way, order the greek pita, stuffing, apple pie, any sweets for that matter, grilled cheese...too many to remember. Dont bring your appetite on this cruise.
The ports were very enjoyable besides Roatan, Honduras. Dont bother getting off of the ship. Belize was fun. We recommend the cave tubing. Costa Maya, Mexico was beautiful. Be sure to take a taxi to downtown where the beach is. We both got a 30 minute massage on the beach for $20 total! Beer and medicines are super cheap.
Entertainment on the ship was enjoyable. The final show, Elements, was a waste of time. The game shows were very funny.
Overall, we enjoyed our cruise. The ship wasnt crowded and was clean, the entertainment and ports were good but the food was horrid.

Pros: room quality, ports, shows, casino

Cons: food, food, food, addit ional prices, no nightclub

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!

Ship was clean and nicely decorated but difficult to navigate.
Some rude dining staff and room service may or may not show up at all.
Would like more late night activities.
Only con was the mini, nonfunctioning TV and the awful stench coming from the shower drain....