Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

World Cruiser

Sail Date: January 01, 2007

NCL is working very hard to make this a "cash cow," trying to charge extra for lots of things that are normally included in a cruise fare!! Constantly trying to sell something or "pick your pockets." Alcoholic drinks were especially overpriced. I have taken multiple cruises, including an Around-the-World one, and this was my least pleasant trip. The company did not even respond to my 5 page critique (which included some constructive suggestions.) NCL on older ships were much more happy. Travel arrangements to/from the ship, which were booked by NCL, were poorly handled. Promised onboard credit was basically useless. I had booked 3 cabins - all of us were unhappy! Mexico is NOT an attractive destination. All of the ship scheduled tours were even more grossly overpriced than on most curuises - organize a group, and do sighseeing on your own. I definately recommend against any of NCL's "freestyle ships."

Pros: Nothing

Cons: Freestyle dining with the extra charges

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.