Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

BIG DISAPPOINTMENT

Sail Date: May 01, 2006

On May 21, 2006, I left on the Star for what I thought would be a wonderful seven days of a long awaited vacation to Alaska. I choose NCL because I had a great experience on the Norway twice. You can't imagine how dissapointed I was when we arrived back in Seattle the next Sunday. To start with as we were gettting on board we were handed a letter stating there had been a virus on board the ship the past week with 4.3% of the people ill. I thought this was a little late to be telling us about this, no time to make other arrangements. Of course there were people that got sick the week we were on the ship.
The next thing we dealt with was food, the same everyday on the buffet, the dinners were not good either, bad experience. The only thing there was to do on ship was play bingo or gamble. The shows were okay but not great.
The staff with the exception of our room stewards acted as if they could care less whether you were there or not.
The only thing I could tell you about the Cruise Director was he like to say smashing all the time. I only saw him when he would come out after a show.
I am a seasoned cruiser so I know good service when I get it. I will take other cruises but not on this cruise line. I will also advise anyone asking not to use it either.
My friends have written letters to NCL with no response. We usually travel in a group of 6 to 10 people, but will not go NCL again.
L. Dukes
SC

Pros: The scenery

Cons: The cruise ships staff, food, and entertainment