Norwegian Star Cruise Review

My husband an I were celebrating our 40th anniversary. This was our 3rd cruise but our 1st with NCL. Any cruise is what you decide to make it, and we made this one very special. This was our firstever cabin with a balcony and we really enjoyed it and felt it was worth the extra cost. We booked one year in advance and were on the 11th deck. We enjoyed the freestyle cruising very much as we could be seated with others or be alone it we desired to do so. All the waiters were excellent and made us feel very special. We enjoyed the choices we had in restaurants, especially enjoying Le Bistro and Endless Summer. Endless summer overlooked the antrium which we enjoyed as we ate, and the wonderful Hawaiian entertainers who sang most nights for us and other cruisers were excellent and fun.The Norwegian Star is a beautiful ship and we have beautiful pictures to share. My husband and I also enjoyed the Fanning Island experience, but were in the minority when we talked to other passengers. Like I said, a cruise like other life experiences, is what you determine to make it. Ours was great! We were able to rent a car at each part of call and were able to go and do more for less than it would have been to book on board tours. Try to stay on Ohau for a post cruise stay if you can. We were at the Hawaiian Hilton Village on Wakakii Beach for 3 days and it was Paradise. The Ali tower (concierge) has a beautiful view and the grounds around the hotel are beautifully kept. We wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else.