Norwegian Star Cruise Review

I have been on several cruises with various cruise lines, including Norwegian, Carnival, and Royal Caribbean. My first cruise on Norwegian was great. The next was awful. I never thought anyone could possibly be more disappointed on a cruise as I was with the Norwegian Star, a ship purpose built specifically for Hawaiian cruises. I am an experienced cruiser, as this one was my fifth cruise, and have come to expect certain things such as pampered service, exciting shore excursions, enjoyable entertainment, etc. This ship failed to meet any of my expectations. If I thought I was alone in my disappointment, I would probably not write this review, but after speaking to many cruisers on board the ship, I know that many people were quite disappointed as well. To make matters worse, was I wrote to Norwegian addressing all of my complaints in detail and after several weeks was awarded $100.00 certificates for a future Norwegian cruise with their apologies. Unfortunately, these cruise certificates, one for each of us, would be useless to us as we will NEVER cruise with Norwegian again. There were many disappointments including the absence of a casino on the ship, the absence of a band on the pool deck, an itinerary that was changed at the last minute several times which greatly lessened our time on the islands as well as cancelling all of our previous plans that were made months in advance. There were no dancing waiters, no entertainement or pampering by the waiters, and no friendships made due to the ships' disappointing "free-style" dining. If you had never been on a cruise and did not know what to expect, this cruise may have been acceptable. But an experienced cruiser knows what to expect and this cruise failed at all levels!