Waste of my money

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Sail Date: October 01, 2009
Ship: Norwegian Star
Here's my story with the Norweigan cruise. First thing, we get on the ship, it's very nice and we have a few beers by the pool, good times. They bring the bags and set them outside of the rooms in the hallway. We walk to our room and find that the bags are just sitting in the hallway, I take my bag inside, to find out that everything in it of value had been stolen. They looked at the cameras and said they couldnt see anything. They said sorry, and when I asked if they could look in to the port that takes your bags (sketchiest people you can think of are handling the bags at the port), they say they dont control that. Ok, whatever, not gonna let that ruin my trip. The ports were dreadful dump cities that there are few more things to do but see all the cheesy shops. The one in Canada, however, was somewhat interesting as we had good food and took in some interesting sites. The entertainment on the ship was awful, see below for details on that. Overall, not a fun experience, and have been told by others, that cruising Norweigan was likely the cause as everyone I've heard from says Royal Carribean is the way to go.

The food was in essence a large buffet. Every day, the same food, got a little old.

One show was supposed to be a "70's" show, but turned out to be Queen's greatest hits with a bunch of homosexual men dancing around on stage together. Then there was one "magician" who had some fascination with CD's and looked like he just read a magic book on the plane ride to the dock.

Not too well at assisting their cruisers with theft.

Everything was clean, and the layout was fine.

Good cleanliness and such. A little small, but there were 4 of us in there, so, thats bound to happen.

Pros: Sleeping

Cons: Entertainment

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.