Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

Good time in the riviera

Sail Date: January 01, 2010

My age 22. The ship was great and as always NCL crew was the best. Been on 4 NCL cruises and several other lines now and have never found better. The food was good and finally NCl upgraded the beds to the new "bliss bed" they were a little to firm for my taste however a million times better then the typical cruise bed.

Freestyle cruising is the BEST! Eat when you want, what you want, with who you want ect. Its your vacation do what you want

Pros: Freestyle cruising/ Food

Cons: Jean ann Ryan group

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!

As always hands down the best of all cruise lines I have been on
Loved the mini suite with the tub! take my advice SPEND THE EXTRA AND GET THE BALCONY! Best views on the boat will come from your room. Awsome
For me the activities didn't really bother, on my vacation I just want to relax/sit on the balcony. However most of the activities during the day are for a cost Bingo, Art Auction Ect. Night shows are so/so but always entertaining, for my age group the Jean Ann Ryan group (entertainment company on most if not all cruise lines) always seems corny/tacky and with ALOT of "cruise ship" talent. This is a complaint that carries from all cruises I have been on regardless of company. Loved the 2nd city and adults only 2nd city unplugged. Even the magic show was good.
As always the buffet sitting area should be bigger to accommodate everyone without hunting for a seat. The Kids swimming area was a waste of space, however based on the design of the newer Jewel and pearl ships which I have been on this has been changed, turned into outdoor sitting area and bar for the buffet
plenty of variety, we did not eat in any of the specialty restaurants so all of our food was included. I have found in the past the the extra for specialty restaurants is not worth it, food is of the same quality as else ware. The buffet and main dining rooms with different menus every night were great or just have room service delivered for free also