Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

horrible from start to finish

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

I knew things were not gonna go right even the day before the cruise. The price for the three of us had dropped $400.00. I called to see if I could get a price adjustment. referred me to Norweigan. I called Norweigan and they referred me back to . I called again and again they referred me to Norweigan. I called Norweigan and again they referred me to . I understood now that no one was gonna take responsibility to help me. The cruise itself was crappy. 7 days on the Mexican Riviera in a Hurricane. The one place we realy wanted to see was Cabo San Lucas but the weather would not allow us. We did stop in Mazatlan, horrible, rained all day and excursions were cancelled, nothing to do on land and the cruise ship pretty much shuts down in port so nothing to do on ship. We stopped in Puerto Vallarta even though we should not have, it rained so hard it was like a monsoon, flooding the streets. There was no where to walk because of that and we got soaked from head to toe. Didnt think to bring fishing boots on this trip to walk around. We got back to the ship and again the ship was pretty much shut down for activities. Again nothing to do on land, excursions cancelled and nothing to on the boat. We finally had a warm sunny day on the fifth day of our seven day cruise. The captain made an announcement that even though we didnt stop in Cabo San Lucas we were gonna sail nice and slow so that we could take pictures of it. What a treat, to sail right by the place we actually looked forward to going but couldnt (sarcasm). The boat overall was outdated, limited activities for my four year old when the weather is crappy six out the seven days. Their day care center was the only thing I can say was good on the boat but you had to pay if we were in port. Forget getting a $50 dollar soda card, its a waste since there are limited places to get a soda when you are eating and the servers will bring you your first soda just about at dessert time so you are limited to one per dining. The food was poor quality, they ran out of some food items, ran out of milk whenever we asked for it. It was just an overall bad experience and the worst cruise I have ever been on. I would not recommend Norweigan or ,both do not care about their customers.

Pros: the kids zone day care center

Cons: too many to list

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.

food quality was poor, ran out of food at times, ran out of milk when we asked.
Some were nice others acted as if you were bothering them when you asked for something.
Not much to do on the boat if the weather is bad which six of the seven days were.
A simple stateroom nothing out of the ordinary
It was good when my child was there. I would of liked to have put him in there when were in port because of the rain but you had to pay six dollars an hour for that