Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Lots to do on shore

Sail Date: September 01, 2008

I thought the ship was fine. Having not cruised before, i did not know what to expect. I also was turned off by all the selling of fairly crummy mechandise and the constant reminders to buy stuff from the ships' store. I also thought that if one is going to Alaska, there ought to be more Alaska stuff to buy, for those of us who did not go to Alaska to go ashore and shop.

Pros: I thought the excursions were a great part of the cruise. We liked the choices in dining.

Cons: The language barrier made it hard to communicate. The changes in dining rooms made it confusing. Over-all the food wasn't that outstanding, but we didn;t come for the food. I also thought the price of the excursions was a little steep.

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!

There needs to be a better way to deal with soft drinks. I don't know what or how, but for one thing the size of the cups meant way too many refills and having to show our cards to the same people over and over was demeaning. The food was not great, but we did not select NCL for the food.
Our stateroom was clean and in good order, so no complaints.
There needs to be more seminars or lectures on local cultural/historical topics.