Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Other cruise lines spoiled me

Sail Date: May 01, 2008

This cruise line is definitely for someone who has never cruised before and will think it's great. Freestyle cruising attracted an abundance of a different type of people. The only thing Freestyle means is that you can dress anyway you want and eat any time. The VERY casual attire of people mixing in with formal wear seemed out of place. The people become loud in the dining rooms because dress ditates decorum - like eating dinner at a McDonalds or Denny's. AND THE FOOD WAS TERRIBLE. Poor presentation, little variety, cold many times, terrible queing, and overly salted and not that appealing. I guess I am just spoiled from the other cruise lines I sailed. Food is the primary thing I compare. Staffing courtesy was robotic - little enthusiam and no personalities. AND surveys are not offered - only to a select few via email!!!!! However you can write NCL later if you like. Exursions were pricy but some are difinitely worth the money.

Pros: Excursions

Cons: Food

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.

Read the above
Fair. Good dance ensemble but other entertainers were just so - so. Timing of the shows will conflict with Freestyle dining times. Keep this in mind when deciding dinner decisions. Some shows were only held once. More variety of activities is needed. Oh yes, and the seats in the theater are extremely narrow. No room for you feet and you are forced to sit motionless for what seems forever. You just want to get the show over with and get up.
Only my room stewart - Roberto exceeded my expectations. You do not get bath toiletries. Only "dispenser" soap and shampoo. Cheap, cheap. But there was a coffee pot in the room.
Effcient, but lacking joy.