Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

Norwalk Virus onboard 1/24/2008

Sail Date: January 01, 2008

When we boarded the ship on 1/19/2008 we were unaware that there had been passengers that had contracted the Norwalk Virus on the previous voyage that ended on 1/19/2008. It is now 1/24/2008 and there are many cases on board (we heard from a crew member that there are now over 100+) Some people are so vialantly ill that they are vomiting in public places leaving no place that is safe or desirably to be. If you are booked on board Norwegian Star I would reccomend cancelling now. I wish I would have known as I would have cancelled. In addition the crews sanitation and food safety practices are very poor. I have witnessed many food safety infractions that are being practiced by crew on-going. I am not sure if I will go ona an NCL boat again, but I will definitely not go back on the Norwegian Star.

Pros: Norwalk Virus onboard 1/24/2008

Cons: Poor practices by crew to stop spread of Norwalk virus

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.

OK.
Poor Food Handlnig and Food safety practices!
Poor food safety training and procedures.