Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

Never Again!!

Sail Date: November 01, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Worst vacation ever!! We spent $1000/day for 8 nights. Most expensive vacation we have ever taken. I will never step foot on another cruise ship. The food was horrid. We spent between $80-$120 on almost every dinner because the free restaurants were bad. The buffet was dog food. To make matters worse, we had to be in line @ 6:30AM to make dinner RESERVATIONS for the following night. No reservations meant that you eat at the Buffet. Reservations are required at all restaurants, even the free ones. The only family member that enjoyed the cruise was my 10 year old. Because he can come and go when he wants, eat ice cream every day and eat pizza, mac/cheese every day. The only talent on board was the magician(who is now retired), and the Chinese Acrobats. All other talent was pathetic. We were ready to come home after 3 nights. Port stops were too short. Be prepared to spend at least $2500 after boarding. The soda program cost us $100 for 2 kids for the cruise. Princess offers the same program for $8.

Pros: the staff

Cons: the food

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.

I would rather have eaten fast food for 8 days. The buffet was not fit for human consumption.
Mini-suite was not too small, but my camping equipment is more comfortable than the platform beds they use. Bathrooms smell awful.
Never used any of the kids programs, but I rate it poor because I can't imagine any redeeming qualities for this cruise.
Bingo was the highlight. The magician(Sean) was very cool, but this was his last cruise. My 10 year old son was funnier than the comedian. The Second City Comedy show was unworthy of any attendance. And, if I hear the cruise director's voice ever again, I will seek him out and remove his vocal chords.